Peak Community Vet Limited
Our address is The Old Post Office, Main Road, Heath S44 5RX
You can contact us on 07724 165030
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Third party links
What information is collected from you?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and title
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data includes bank details and insurance information
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Health Data – in very limited circumstances we may collect health information with your consent.
How is you personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, face to face or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you engage us to provide our services; participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website; enter a competition, promotion or survey; request marketing be sent to you; or give us feedback or contact us.
How information about you will be used
We may use the information you supply to us in a number of ways:
- To provide you and your pets with the products and services you purchase from us.
- To serve our legitimate business interests such as processing a payment.
- For statistical analysis.
- For debt collection purposes.
- To get feedback on the services we provide.
- We may also use your information to send you reminders about products and services you have already purchased from us by SMS, email or post. Examples include reminders about when your pet is due for a vaccination or worming treatment.
- Sending you newsletters and relevant promotions when you have requested these messages.
- We may use health data you have supplied with consent in order to tailor the service we offer to your health needs.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your information with any third parties for their marketing purposes. We will not sell your data on to any third parties.
Companies working on our behalf: In some situations, we use a third party company to help provide some of our services (for example processing laboratory samples or sending reminder messages when your pet’s annual vaccinations are due. In these circumstances we will share only the data required to provide the service.
We may also be required to share your information with:
- Insurance companies when processing pet insurance claims. This is necessary to allow you to claim on pet insurance policies.
- Payment processors
- Debt recovery agencies
- Referrals to other vets or specialist clinics
We have contracts in place with these third parties that ensure your data is stored safely, will not be used for purposes other than fulfilling our contract with them and will not be retained by them for longer than is necessary.
How Long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you remain our customer. Once you cease to be our customer we may keep your personal information for up to 8 years in order to maintain records according to rules that apply to us. After this your information will be securely destroyed where possible or at least anonymised where destruction is technically impossible
If you would not like to receive reminders about products and services you have purchased from us (for example vaccination or worming treatments) you can opt out of these messages by contacting the practice by telephone or in writing at any time.
We will not send you promotional material about other products and services we offer or our newsletters unless you have given your consent to receive these messages. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting the practice by telephone or in writing.
Securing your information
We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Personal Rights
- You have the right to request access to your personal information held by us. We will respond within one month and the information will be provided free of charge. Please do this by writing using the address below: Peak Community Vet Limited, The Old Post Office, Main Road, Heath, Chesterfield, S44 5RX
- You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data, restrict how we use or to delete it. There may be legal or other reasons why we may need to keep using your data but please contact us if you think we should not be using it.
- You also have the right to correct any personal information you believe is incorrect. Please let us know if you think this is the case.
- You have the right to ask for your personal data to be transferred to another service provider in a useful format.
Use of 'cookies'
Cookies are small files which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer's hard drive to 'remember' who you are. The majority of web browsers accept cookies, but you can usually change the browser settings to restrict or block all cookies if you wish. However, please be aware that if you do, some functionality may be lost when you use this website.
Each time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. This is for statistical purposes and includes information such as IP addresses, types of browsers used to access our site, referring sites, most popular pages, path analysis, geographical and demographic information. The information collected is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
How do you turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. Most modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following link may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for further details.